We are a building company based in South Manchester. We offer a complete one stop service to private homeowners willing to enlarge their homes by adding an extra room in the unused loft space. If that's what you're planning we are looking forward to hearing from you.
Peace of mindOur goal is a happy customer - we do all to make sure we meet your expectations. We can provide many good references.
Fixed priceWe give you a highly detailed quote and the final costs are fixed as long as the work schedule remains unchanged.
GuaranteesWe give you 10 years guarantee - this applies to all structural or hidden elements that we build or install
Loft conversion - minimum disruption and easiest way to increase your home.
Permitted development. Majority of attic spaces can be converted into extra rooms without planning permission - under permitted development:
- extra space added to the property should not exceed 40 cubic meters on terraced houses and 50 cubic meters on detached and semi detached properties;
- freehold top flat attic can only be converted within the existing space (dormer construction would require planning permission);
- loft roof should not exceed the height of the existing front facing roof elevation;
- materials used for finishing the dormer should match the appearance of the existing rear elevation;
- side facing windows should be obscure glazed and 1.7 meters above the finished floor;
- no verandas, balconies are allowed - only so called juliet balconies;
- roof extensions should be set back at least 20 cm away from eaves - this does not apply to hip to gable loft conversions;
- loft conversions are not allowed under permitted development in conservation areas.
Construction. Once the plans are drawn up, structural calculations carried out, building control approval received and party wall award is in place, construction can begin. Firstly, scaffolding is erected and access hole in the front roof is made. The beauty of a loft conversion is that at least in construction stage there will be no actual works done in your living space - all materials and tradesmen will be getting to the site via scaffolding and the access hole in the front roof. Only later, when it comes to finishing, the access hole will be closed, stairs installed - we will then need to use your front door. On average it takes 8 to 12 weeks to finish the project and we supply all the structural and building materials. Normally we leave up to you to choose all the finishes and equipment - we are happy though to assist you in selecting and sourcing those.
Benefits. Loft room is often the coziest room in the house - that's mainly because of the skylights and sloping ceilings. This is a space where you can retreat, relax after busy day. Building process is not too massively disturbing and it is faster than building an extension.
Please give us a call to arrange a quote:
We look forward to hearing from you.